Monday, August 16, 2010

Update on Life.

Lots has been going on and I don't feel like writing about a specific subject, so I'm going to clump it all together!




First, weight loss. I've been putting off dealing with my weight issues for YEARS. I've been unhealthy skinny, just plain skinny, average, and now above average (also known as average for San Antonio). Going into theatre means weight will need to be lost. Whether I like it or not. I gave up soda this Summer (except for the occasional soda when eating out or caffeinated soda needed to stay awake). When school starts, I have no idea what I'm going to do! Staying awake is hard as it is for me (thank you sleep apnea). My mom and I will be going through this together. I'm hoping we both get down to healthy and STAY healthy. Eating is easy. Losing weight, not so much!


Second, school. I've decided to drop the whole AA degree crap. NVC was right, I was wrong. Obviously, they were wrong in handling the situation, but they had their facts in order. There are a few regrets stemming from the very beginning of my college career (even before this crap happened), but as one unknown author put it, "Regret is insight that comes a day too late." Hopefully, my Criminal Justice knowledge will not go to waste and will come in handy one day, I just hope it doesn't come in handy with my future kids (if I even have any)! ....Also, school starts back August 23rd. On one hand, I'm excited. No more sitting at home boredom. On the other, I'm scared out of my mind. Theatre is what I love, but it's not a safe bet and that is scary! Being a working actress and/or comic is like winning the lottery. Obviously, I hope after getting my BA it works out for me, but even if it doesn't I'll find something else to do (what exactly will be seen if and when that time comes)!

Third, progress. I enjoy being general. I've made a lot of progress this past year with a lot of things. Sometimes it's hard to see progress as it happens, but looking back I know I've come a long way. I still have a ways to go, but progress is progress. Even a little is a good thing!

Fourthly, my time with CASA has ended. It was one heck of a year and one heck of a learning experience. I have nothing bad to say about it. I met some great people and worked with an amazing teen. Now that CASA is over for me, it's time to look at the future. Whether it be a job or volunteering. I've done my share of volunteering and while I LOVE it, a pay check would be awfully nice! It's been a few years since I've had one of those! If I do take on volunteering once again, I don't know if it would be with people or animals...

Fifth...Well, there isn't one. Although, now would be a good time to admit I'm writing this for selfish reasons. One, I was bored. Two, I had an urge to write. Three, I wanted to make sure everyone knew I was dropping the NVC crap and moving on with life. There's still a lot on my mind about it, but that's what therapy is for! ;-)










P.S. I am truly grateful for the support I received from everyone after the NVC mess was first talked about. I am loved and it feels good!

1 comment:

  1. "I call it being myself."..."I don't believe in altering yourself for anyone or anything. At the end of the day, I'm just a girl with very big dreams. I'm on my own yellow brick road. I live life on MY terms. If you don't like it, kick rocks."

    I like this part the most. I like the voice that I hear in ur blog it's different. :)

    ReplyDelete