In case you wondered, I have none. I do bake, but it's not something that happens on the regular. Why do something when you can do nothing? I kid. In all seriousness, I am not domesticated. I have my own special way of doing things. Cooking, cleaning, and laundry are not skills of mine. Technology, writing, making jokes, and being all around stupid? Now, those are things I can take claim to!
As we carried on, my mom brought up my best friend, Tyler. Let's be honest. Tyler's the son my mom always wanted. He is domesticated. He can cook, he's a damn good cleaner, and he actually does laundry on the regular. (Weird child that one!) I guess if I had a soul mate, it'd be him. We have no sexual attraction to each other, but we just click. The love I have for him is a bit insane. I don't love easily, I don't become friends with just anyone, and I sure as hell don't trust just anyone! Yet, I love and trust him.
My mom and I have quite the friendship, but just because I love, adore, and am best friends with someone doesn't mean my mom approves. In fact, I've had friends my mom was REALLY not fond of (those friendships never lasted- mothers do know best). Hearing my mom talk about Tyler made me realize something. Love is rare, but it is unconditional. My mom loves Tyler like her own. She leaves her house open to him should he ever need or want a place to stay. She asks about him on the regular and makes sure even through long distance I'm still chatting, checking in, and reminding him he's loved.
My friendship with Tyler isn't one I've ever gone in depth about except to close friends who know how much I adore the kid. That's all beside the point though...
My mom made sure to teach me LOVE. Love others in your life no. matter. what! Don't judge someone because of their background, race, identity, anything. You don't know their story, what they've gone through, and what they will go through. People talk. I've heard the rumors, the comments, all of it. Guess what? It doesn't stop me from loving anyone. Tyler is my best friend, brother from another mother, and above all else FAMILY.
Love is taught. I truly believe that. Without knowing love and being taught how to love, there is no love. There may be like, but no love. My mom taught me how to love another person unconditionally. She taught me that no matter what, leave your door open to those who love you. Let people in. Give them a place to stay should they need it. Be there for them ALWAYS. Do not judge them, their lifestyle, or any choices they may make. Just love.
Love is not an easy thing. I've never been IN LOVE, so I don't really know what that's like, but I do know love. I've been blessed with a passion for animals and have felt love from several species! I may not have a ton of people I'm close with (there are quite a few relatives I definutely am not close with), but I know love. At the end of the day, I can truly say I'm living. As long as you're loving and are experiencing love, you are living. You are making your time on Earth worth something.
I'm unemployed, have no real social life in this city I call home, but I have love in my life. That's all that matters!
I owe my mother the world. She's had more of an impact on me than she'll ever really know. She is the kindest, funniest, most loving person I know. I would hate to think what my core values and beliefs would be had I been raised by someone other than her and my dad. She left church out of my raising to ensure I didn't let religion cloud who I am. You can believe in God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit without being ignorant, judgmental, and hateful. After all, isn't believing, loving?!












No comments:
Post a Comment