You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.
You're on your own.
And you know what you know.
You are the guy who'll decide where to go.
~Dr. Seuss
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.
You're on your own.
And you know what you know.
You are the guy who'll decide where to go.
~Dr. Seuss
Leaving home is something everyone does. I just never thought the day would come for me. I've lived in San Antonio for all 24 years of life. I've lived in the same house and even in the same room my nursery was once in. San Antonio and the people in it haven't always been kind to me. I've had some very rough years here, but I guess that was just life doing its thing.
Leaving home, especially Texas, was always a joke to me. Never a possibility, much less reality. Come August 18th, it becomes my new reality. I will no longer live at home with my parents. I will call a dorm room in Williamsburg, KY on the campus of University of the Cumberlands home.
I'm not sad about my new destination, but more or less worried home will never be the same for me again. For awhile there, I didn't have many friends much less close ones. Leaving would've been easier then. There'd be fewer people to leave. Now, I have some insanely close friends that I'm not sure I'm really ready to leave. They're the people in my life I used to wish on stars for as a kid. They've accepted me for me. Loudness, hearing issues, anxiety, craziness, and all. I wish they were going with me, but alas they're not. While I'm in Williamsburg, they'll be here in San Antonio (all but two anyway...one of the two is in LA, CA and the other is in CT).
Starting over is not my favorite thing. I like being comfortable. I do not like change and change does not like me. All I ask is that this time around, change is kind. Home remains the same. The people I'm extremely fond of and am proud to call my friends, don't forget about me. I also ask that my dogs don't forget how much they love me and how much I love them. Especially Cookie. I've been with her since the age of 9. I am now 24 and she will be 15 in September. For the first time since I've had her, we will not live together.
Maybe I'm being overdramatic about everything, but I really love my life at the moment. I just hope I can still love my life out of my comfort zone and in a little state called Kentucky.












This almost made me cry. Be strong girl. You got this. You obviously have been loved very well through your journey. Use that to get you through the tough times. I just met you and I'm already going to miss you. You are GOOD people!
ReplyDelete