Friday, April 20, 2012

Chapter 24 is coming to a close...

To say that I'm 24 years of age has been a mind blowing thing for me. There is not a bone in my body that feels 24, but alas I really was born in '87. Age is a crazy thing. Being the baby of the family, I never imagined growing up and growing old, but here I sit counting down the hours until my 25th birthday arrives.

This past year has been a bit mind blowing. I've burned bridges, lost friends, gained friends, cried one too many tears (happy and sad), hurt like no other, wished I could take things back, moved away from home to a little state called Kentucky, and learned I can make it on my own. I do my own laundry (which I never saw that happening), grocery shop for myself, make sure I have food in my system, and take care of every responsibility I have (or tried to).

There's so much I wish I could let go of and wish I could change, but after 24 years you just learn to accept things for what they are. This past week has been a really tough one for me. I never could've expected things to go down the way they did, but you live and you learn. Perhaps, it was an appropriate last week of this chapter. No matter how much people disappoint you there are people around the corner ready to surprise you!

My final thought for this chapter of my life is this: I don't want to be a charity case. I am not a charity case. I don't need people to feel sorry for me. I may not have as many friends as others, but that's fine. I am who I am. I offend people with my jokes and cussing, but I don't regret a bit of it. I'm a good person. If you're too stupid to see that, then you don't deserve me in your life. I would also like to add, I don't try to buy people's friendships. A few people have felt this past year that I do try to, but I promise you I don't. I was raised to give gifts. My mom is the biggest gift giver in the world. It's what we do in our family. In Chapter 25, that will not change. In Chapter 25, I will not change. I will only grow and become a better person for it. I'm a take it or leave it kind of girl! Take me or leave me. Either way, I'll keep on trekking!




Peace out, Chapter 24. Here I come, Chapter 25! May you be an even more blessed one!




No comments:

Post a Comment