Thursday, August 23, 2012

All aboard...! SENIOR YEAR has begun!

As I sit here and write this, I'm enjoying the confines of my ever so bright dorm room. I love my pinks and purples (and zebra stripes)! Yesterday, the first day of classes started. Today, reality set in.

I'll be honest, I'm not a hard worker when it comes to school. My memory has served me quite well over the years, so I've never had to study much because I can memorize lectures and picture notes on the board. Not always perfectly, but I'll take a "B" any day. I also picked FUN majors. Theatre is a blast. Plain and simple. Yes, work goes into acting and writing papers, but overall it's just plain fun. Criminal Justice... Well, that's a breeze for me. I enjoy studying it (for the most part), but I'll be the first to admit it's not the hardest major in the world to have (especially since I've been studying it since 2007).

However, my vacation that I call school seems to be over for good. I must graduate in May. That is non-negotiable. I've been in college since two days after high school graduation- which was in May of 2006. It's time I grow up, get a job, head to grad school, and make something of myself (which would usually be a fool, but my parents would not be happy with me if I was a fool for a living). Having said that, I'm taking 19 hours this semester. NINETEEN. HOURS. The most I've ever taken was 15 (if even that- I may have dropped a course...), but the average has always been 12. I'm not an over-achiever. I'm not an all A student (I don't discriminate when it comes to grade lettering. I like to give all the letters a chance!). My attention span is that of a goldfish. I am as one of my best friends put it "the stand up comedian" of my group of friends. I am a goof. Over the years, being a goof has helped me. I have a feeling it's not going to be much help when I'm writing a 15-20 page paper on history in Theatre. It's also not going to be of much help when I'm trying to draw and draft for Theatrical Design, but you can't tell what my work actually is.

Nobody ever told me senior year was going to be a breeze, but in all honesty, I really REALLY hoped it would be. I took care of my religion courses, granted I didn't exactly make God proud with my grades, but all I have left are classes for my majors. Which one would think would be easy. I guess I'm not that lucky... but, by golly! Come May 2013, I will have a BA in Criminal Justice and Theatre Arts.

So, here's to the hard work that lies ahead, the long ass research papers I will conquer, and all the fun and laughs in the midst of it all. Here's to my senior year. May it be a memorable one! After all, this is the year I never thought would come!




No comments:

Post a Comment