Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Farewell, 2013.

As I sit here and type this on my brand spankin' new iPad keyboard (best investment ever), I have tears fallling down my face, my nose is ready to explode, my head feels like there's a brick on it, and my throat is trying its best to keep calm. I'm sick. Again. This year hasn't gone exactly as planned and ringng in the new year sick just adds to the insanity of it all.

Let's take a walk down memory lane...

I almost didn't graduate in May. I lost the love of my life, Cookie, in July. I welcomed a new love to my life, Sunny, a week later. I discovered the highs and lows of the unemployment line. I got a job, then lost that same job (which shouldn't have been shocking- but was). I've been to a few interviews here and there with only one job offer (turned it down due to the fact it wasn't a good job for me to take). Oh, and I'm still a college graduate who is very much a free agent (unemployed).

At 26, I'm not sure where I thought I'd be, but I live with my parents and am still figuring out what my ultimate dream is. Life isn't easy. If it was, anyone could live it, everyone would be happy, and unemployment wouldn't exist. It's hard, unfair, and filled with tragedies. I wish I could sit here and give my optimistic take, but it wouldn't be a realistic one. There are several sides to everything- especially LIFE.

No one knows what the future holds, but I hope that 2014 is year of happiness, more successes than failures, love, and dreams coming true for everyone. 2013 wasn't bad, but 2014 will be better. New year, new memories.

Goodbye, 2013. Welcome, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment